Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thinking about Christmas


The leaves are all off the trees, and we've had more than one snowfall at my house (more coming next week). The kids already have their winter clothes, boots and sleds at the ready!


Is it just me or does Thanksgiving seem like a day of rest and lots of food to help us gain our strength for Christmas and the Holiday season? I can't believe I'm saying this because used to hate people who crowed, "I'm all done with my holiday shopping" - but "I'm done with my holiday shopping". I realize this is possible this year: 1.) because my youngest of 4 kids is in Kindergarten... 2.) I've really pared down the shopping list.... 3.) I hit a really great sale at The Christmas Tree Shop... 4.) I've been stashing gifts for the kids here and there as a make a little money from my eBay auctions. I may never be done with shopping this early ever again in my lifetime so this is my written proof. ♥ All that's left to do is the wrapping, baking and crafting. My three favorite things to do during the holidays. The hard part for me: getting all to the post office in time!


This vintage image is so inspiring to me- I have a shoebox full of old postcards from a nearby antique barn - I hope it inspires you to stay home, get cozy, and start your holiday crafting.


If you make something with this gorgeous blonde - I'd love to see it!

No comments: