Monday, November 3, 2008

Back on the Sax.....

I realize this is a crazy blogpost title, however, I wonder if I'm a little crazy lately myself. As you may have read in a previous post, I have taken out my tenor saxophone again. For those of you who knew me in my youth and are cheering me on - I appreciate your support (thanks, Margaret ♥). I am also grateful to my family for tolerating all the tooting.......

While I was mulling over whether or not I had any skills or chops left, searching on the internet led me to an intriguing website and forum: http://www.petethomas.co.uk/ and it's companion http://www.breakfastroom.co.uk/. After lurking in the forum group for a month or so, devouring all the posts about technical strides in mouthpieces, reeds, ligatures and which saxophones were considered the best - I've just posted my intro. Both are a fabulous resource for all things Saxophone. It was encouraging and inspiring to read the posts from men and women, younger and older and in between, who have been playing the sax for years and those at every age just beginning to play. Thanks, Pete ♥. Who is Pete Thomas? - click above and find out for yourself - and don't forget to check out his shopping links...Pete donates proceeds from sales to APEC, Leukaemia Busters and IMC Burma Cyclone Appeal.

No comments: